Are you expecting a new addition to your family? Then, you should be aware that the essence of rest both for your health and that of the baby cannot be overemphasized. If you’re familiar with the scenario of you being exhausted and in need of sleep but being unable to, then this guide is for you.
Most times, the wedge that the baby bump creates can derive you of good sleep. This is why pregnancy pillows are wonderful comfort items. It is easy to dismiss the idea of a pregnancy pillow with the thoughts that you have several pillows already. However, pregnancy pillows are especially designed to lessen the discomforts that come with pregnancy and improve your sleep life.
The best pregnancy body pillow gives you a feeling as though you were lying on top of your partner. It is actually the same fit as your body size. In fact, studies have proven that the partners of pregnant women find the idea of a pregnancy body pillow appealing because it eliminates all the tossing and turning, and offers a wonderful night sleep.
In light of the key importance of pregnancy body pillows, different brands have come up with different styles. This guide reviews the top three best body pillow for pregnancy.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Pregnancy Pillow
When searching for the best pregnancy pillow, there are various factors that you need to first consider before settling on an option. Here are some of these factors:
Style and Shape
Depending on your preference and need, you can make a choice from the varied pregnancy pillows on the market. Some of these pillows are designed with full-body comfort while others are primarily for particular areas. The C-shaped and U-shaped options are the full body pillows, and they offer support to the hips, back and belly, replacing your former need for multiple pillows.
When purchasing a pregnancy pillow, always research thoroughly about the filling. The filling ought to be hypoallergenic, and it should be able to adequately support a pregnant woman. This factor determines how the comfort and firmness of the pillow; hence, it should be taken seriously. There are different kinds of filling, among which are the poly fiber filling and synthetic fibers. Poly fiber filling is one of the softest fillings. It is mostly used in the design of full-body pillows, and it can be super firm. On the other hand, synthetic fibers are the most durable. However, synthetic fibers can be quite hot and generate sweat.
One very breathable and soft cover fabric for a pregnancy pillow is cotton. Pregnant women are usually grateful for this during warmer climates. Polyester is another excellent cover material. It is available in different textures, and it’s also durable. Moreover, you can stretch polyester material, so you can easily take it off and put it on.
Balance is king in a pregnancy pillow. As much as your preference is for comfort or support, it is very crucial that your choice of the best pregnancy pillow is designed to strike a balance, offering a level of comfort, firmness, support and resistance simultaneously. With a full-body pillow, you can be assured of support and comfort to different parts of your body.
Most people do not take this into consideration. However, if you’re tall, you have to pay special attention to the size of the pillow you intend purchasing. If not, you’ll end up regretting when you buy a short pillow. If you’re petite, you also need to check for this. Else, you’ll buy a too large pillow that you’ll feel swallowed in.
Top 3 Pregnancy Pillows
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow
- THE ULTIMATE PREGNANCY PILLOW - C-shaped body pillow design replaces need for multiple bed...
Sleep is important for a healthy body and mind. The PharMeDoc brand realizes this, hence its specialty lies in bed pillow support of the orthopedic kind. This best pregnancy pillow unit is a C-shaped type of polyester fiber-fill pillow. It is sold with a jersey cover (cotton). Designed with the goal of providing all-round comfort, this pillow is ideal for support during all the stages of pregnancy. Either as lounge pad or sleeping aid, this product offers superior comfort.
With this unit, you do not need any other pillow as it provides support for the hips, belly, back and legs. What’s more, this pillow is ideal for surgery and injury recovery, and sciatica or fibromyalgia patients. If you’re just after a better alignment for your cervical joints while sleeping, this PharMeDoc unit is a standard aid.
- Can be used during all pregnancy stages, and by joints-related patients
- Significantly reduced joint pain, and provides ease for pressure points
- Sold with a nice cotton jersey cover
- It can be a little bit short for taller consumers
- Some users have experienced zipper issues
- The strength and quality of the seam can be questioned
Meiz 55” U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
- ♥ PREGNANCY PILLOW WITH WASHABLE MATERIAL - Filling: This extra soft, adjustable and...
- ♥ DESIGNED FOR YOU U SHAPE PILLOW - This organic pregnancy pillow is designed to follow the...
- ♥ MULTI-FUNCTIONAL PREGNANCY PILLOWS - Meiz maternity body pillow creates a belly support...
- ♥ PREGNANCY U PILLOW FOR DEEPLY SLEEP - This full body pregnancy pillow is ideal for sciatica...
The U-shaped pillow is an incredible comfort aid as its purpose is to provide excellent sleeping support for the back and hips. Are you on the hunt for a pregnancy pillow that’ll offer you a good sleep? Then, look no further than the Meiz U-shaped pregnancy pillow. This unit is multifunction, making it a standard option for a back sleeper, stomach sleeper and side sleeper. The Meiz unit perfectly strikes a balance between comfort and support for various body parts including the head, back, hips, feet, knees, and belly. This unit is manufactured from topnotch-quality polyester fibers combined with hypoallergenic material.
However, besides pregnant women, this body pillow is a sound choice, suitable for different persons who need a good rest.
- It supports all sides of the body
- It is made with deluxe quality material which is ideal for nursing, sleeping, lounging, reading, or watching movies
- Works like a dream for various body problems such as back pain, neck pain, hypertension syndrome and leg swelling
- Some users have complained that the synthetic filling generates sweat
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow, U-Shape Full Body Pillow
- Our U shaped body pillow helps support your back, hips, knees, neck, and head to help ease...
- The pregnancy pillow features a detachable extension that can be used as its own full body...
- This maternity pillow measures 53" inches long, 31" inches wide, and 7" inches high, making...
- MORE THAN JUST A PILLOW FOR PREGNANT WOMEN - This full body pillow is perfect for ANYONE...
Whether you’re pregnant or not, you are guaranteed of an excellent night sleep with this PharMeDoc pillow. As it comes with extensions, the relief is customized such that it can be conformed to the natural curve of your body to provide comfort and support for your neck, back, and belly. Even more, this U-shaped body pillow caters for people recovering from an injury, and patients of sciatica, or fibromyalgia. The modifiable polyfill material is super soft designed to ease the pressure points.
The discomfort and pain of sleeping is particularly acute for pregnant women in their 3rd trimester. This unit greatly reduces the pain and it eliminates the need for other pillows. Furthermore, it includes a hypoallergenic pillow case that can be machine-washed.
- The cotton cover is very soft and durable
- No worries about the seams as they are double-stitched, certifying super durability
- The pillow cover is machine-washable and zipper-removable
- Provides relief that is customized to a user’s needs
- It is large, so it tends to take up a lot of bed space
Buying a pregnancy pillow can prove to be difficult as you have to make a choice from a wide variety. However, this guide has simplified the process down to the top three best-rated pregnancy pillows on the market – the PharMeDoc C-shaped pregnancy pillow, the Meiz 55” U-shaped pregnancy pillow, and the PharMeDoc U-shaped pregnancy pillow. A buying guide was also included to ensure that you are aware of your choices and the factors you need to consider before choosing a pregnancy pillow. Now lay back, relax and consider getting a great book about pregnancy as well.