Being a new parent means you cannot let your baby out of your sight. You have to carry them everywhere, from the store to the park, or if you want to take a walk. Using a stroller saves you from carrying your child in your arms all day, and having a handy and lightweight stroller is even better. This article will guide you towards picking the best lightweight stroller for you and your child.
Strollers are very useful and practically indispensable during the first few years of your child’s life. They make leaving the house with the baby or toddler easier, allowing you to run errands and complete tasks effortlessly. They are available in different types and sizes, but the most convenient so far is the lightweight stroller.
Lightweight strollers are readily carried about and weigh a lot less than regular strollers, as the name implies. They are easily folded and lifted, and some of them even come in storage packs. They work very well for people that are always on the go and require something that folds up easily.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Lightweight Stroller
Buying a lightweight stroller may seem daunting if you don’t know what to look out for, so this guide will help you ask the right questions.
Age of your child
When infants are less than 6 months old and unable to sit up, it is advisable to use a pram, or a reclined stroller, because they allow them to lie back.
Your daily routine should be a deciding factor in the baby stroller you pick. If you do much enough for the baby, the stroller also has to fit in your car trunk and be light enough for one person to transport. If you use public transportation, it has to be able to fit on a bus or train without causing much discomfort.
Dimensions of the stroller
When buying a lightweight stroller, ensure that when folded, it can fit easily in storage spaces, public transportation, and in the trunk of your car. If you plan on travelling with it, then the best lightweight stroller for travel is one that folds up into a compact size. Also, the stroller has to be tall enough to accommodate you and your partner’s height. The best option might be to go for one with an adjustable handle height if you don’t plan on using it alone. The manufacturer usually states the dimensions.
Features are the most exciting part of any product, and they help you save time and sometimes, money. Some strollers come with a one-hand-folding feature, all-terrain wheels, and sometimes, bells. Many strollers come with storage space for parents, and some can fit on a car seat. You decide which features work for you, and which are entirely unnecessary.
Stroller’s wheel type
If you’re looking for the kind of stability found in prams, you should go for strollers with fixed wheels. However, for trips to the mall and grocery store, strollers with fully independent wheels are suggested. They are easier to maneuver, and some models come with a wheel locking device. Some models also come with all-terrain wheels that can serve both purposes.
Your budget is one factor that you can’t overlook when looking for the right product. Always have a pre-planned budget, so you don’t get carried away by designs and features, and end up spending more than you intended.
Top 5 Lightweight Strollers
Born Free Liva Compact Fold Stroller
- COMPACT FOLD – The born free LIVA compact stroller has a one-hand, self-standing compact fold...
- ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION – This portable stroller can be used from birth with Graco SnugRide Click...
- OVERSIZED CANOPY – Great to use as an umbrella stroller, the LIVA has an oversized canopy...
- LARGE STORAGE BASKET – The born free LIVA includes a large storage basket for your on-the-go...
The born free LIVA compact stroller is an all-in-one stroller that is designed for the convenience of both the mother and the child. It is made of lightweight materials, and it folds into a compact size that is perfect for travel.
This stroller was designed for use from birth to the first years of the child’s life. It has a multi-position recline for little infants, and adjustable shoulder and leg rests to fit a growing child. The oversized canopy is big enough to protect your baby from the sun’s rays, but it has a transparent window you can monitor your child from easily.
- One-hand fold feature
- Cup holders, cell phone holder, storage basket
- Carry bag
- One step easy brake and smoothly glide wheels
- Recline stroller with a wide canopy and safety harness
- Can fit a car seat
- Dimensions: 21.5×20.5×14.5 inches. Weighs 16 lbs
- Easy to maneuver
- Can be used as a bouncer and rocker
Summer 3Dlite+ Convenience Stroller
- EVERYDAY STROLLER – Use the Summer 3Dlite+ Convenience stroller as a lightweight stroller...
- LIGHTWEIGHT – The lightweight baby stroller has an aluminum frame and weighs only 14 pounds....
- COMPACT FOLD – This stroller has a compact fold and a padded carry strap, making it an ideal...
- COMFORTABLE – Baby strollers aren’t always comfortable, but the 3Dlite+ lightweight...
The summer 3D lite+ stroller is a durable and practical stroller that can be used for your infant or toddler. It reclines easily with one hand and has a 5 point safety harness that can be adjusted to make your baby comfortable.
The summer 3D lite+ stroller is one of the best lightweight strollers, with its anti-shock front wheels, and rear wheels that can be locked easily with your foot. There is a big storage basket for storing the essentials needed for your baby, and also cup holders for both you and the baby.
- One-hand recline with an oversized canopy and sun visor
- Compact fold with a carry strap
- Adjustable strap harness
- Large storage basket, storage pouch, cell phone holder, and cup holders
- Quality fabric and lightweight frame
- Lockable back wheels
- Dimensions: 33×19.5×43 inches. Weighs 14 lbs
- Easily maneuvered
- Easy to store and carry
- It doesn’t fit on a car seat
Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier! The Summer 3Dlite...
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday...
- 4-POSITION RECLINE - Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4...
- COMPACT FOLD – The easy compact fold with carry strap and auto lock makes it simple to store...
The Summer Infant 3D lite stroller is a durable, lightweight stroller made from an aluminum frame and lightweight fabric. It folds easily and is very easy to carry with the carry strap. This stroller reclines in 3 positions and is perfect for when your child needs a nap on the go.
The stroller comes with a cup holder for the parent and a large storage basket that can hold up to 10 pounds of your essential baby needs. The wheels are easily maneuvered, and it has an easy one-step brake feature.
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Large storage basket and parent cup holder
- 3 recline positions
- A wide adjustable overhead canopy
- Easy to fold
- Compact fold and carry strap
- Anti-shock front wheels
- Dimensions: 41×8.8×10 inches. Weighs 16 lbs
- Easy to fold
- The handle is high enough for a tall person
- Cannot be steered with one hand
- It doesn’t have straps to hold the baby down
Chicco Liteway Stroller
- 4-position backrest easily adjusts with one hand for growing children
- Adjustable, removable canopy with peek-a-boo window
- The Liteway stroller holds children up to 40lbs only. Any child larger than 40lbs will have...
- Lightweight aluminum frame. Assembled Dimensions - 35 x 19 x 40 Inches. Folded Dimensions - 46...
The Chicco stroller is made of a lightweight aluminum frame that makes it easy to carry about when folded. It isn’t as compact as many other strollers, but it makes up for it with its lockable front seats and rear suspension.
This stroller can recline fully, and it comes with straps to hold your child down. It has a big storage basket and cup holder. It is easy to maneuver, and you can even do a 360° turn with it.
- Compact fold with padded carry handle
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Storage basket
- One-hand recline with 4 reclining positions
- Adjustable and removable canopy
- One-step brake
- Adjustable leg rests
- Dimensions: 34.5×18.5×41 inches. Weighs 18 pounds
- Easy to fold
- Very sturdy wheels
- It is only suitable for carrying small children below 40 lbs
- It doesn’t fold to a very compact size
- You have to remove the canopy before folding
Graco Breaze Lightweight Stroller
The Graco is one of the best lightweight strollers for its price. It has a ridiculously easy one-hand fold that can be done while holding your baby in your other hand. It also has swivel wheels in front that makes it very easy to maneuver.
It comes with convenience features like a cup holder, large storage basket, and a wide canopy that is UV 50 protected. It can carry babies and toddlers, and it is also very durable, so expect to use it for years.
- One-hand fold
- Large UV-protected canopy with extra sun visor
- Cup holder and large storage basket
- Adjustable reclining position and adjustable harness
- Lockable front swivel wheels
- Auto-lock fold with carry straps
- Dimensions: 27.5x20x40 inches. Weighs 18 pounds
- Compatible with car seats
- Can be used for little children and toddlers under 50 pounds.
- Easy to maneuver and brake with one hand
- The handle is a bit too low for tall people
Every stroller has certain features that make them stand out. The born free LIVA compact fold stroller is easy to fold and unfold, it is also very easy to maneuver, and it comes with a carry bag for easy portability.
However, if it is above your budget, you can try the Summer 3D Lite+ stroller. This one comes with nearly all the features you need. The Graco Breaze fits into car seats well, but it isn’t the best lightweight stroller for tall people. The Summer 3D Lite stroller, however, is high enough to fit people above 6 feet and is also budget-friendly.
The Chicco Liteway stroller is also a good stroller, but if you want a stroller for your toddler, you might be better off using the Graco Breaze or the born free LIVA stroller.